Rococo is an ornate style originating in France in the 18th century and evolving from the Baroque style.
Rococo Furniture in brief:
- Influence of French Rococo, Chinese and Gothick;
- Mahogany main wood;
- Carved cabriole legs;
- Claw and ball feet;
- Fretwork and Chinese motifs in backs of chairs;
- Fabrics are brocade, leather, velour.
- In France the Rococo style used delicate colours such as pink, white, yellow, azure blue and ivory mixed with cream and gold;
- Appliqué on clear colours was fashionable.
Rugs often Oriental in design - rugs with small patterns and in Chinese designs on blue grounds are typical.
"Porto-Fino interjera salons"